Successful Seattle tech veteran and serial entrepreneurial team – funded and ready to roll – is seeking experienced, well-rounded, creative, UX-obsessed Android engineers to join our new crew of similarly-minded fun smart folks to work together building the next-generation messaging platform.
Every mobile phone sold around the world is guaranteed to provide three basic functions: place a phone call, surf the web, and send a text. 23 billion text messages are sent daily to connect with loved ones, meet new friends, exchange interests and enable simple business transactions. As the world becomes increasingly mobile, and as humans spend more of their time communicating via text, we seek to ensure a quality messaging experience and challenge its potential in the next decade by inventing and implementing cool, helpful, unique technologies, features and services.
You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, creating beautiful user interfaces, and building a sustainable business. Above all, your will impact the way people interact daily.
- Develop applications primarily in Java and using the Android SDK
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for realizing the visual and interaction designs of native mobile apps at scale
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers and designers to innovate on messaging products
- Help your team creatively solve problemsLearn – a lot – about building a business and building platforms
- Enjoy being part of creating very cool, high-performance, consumer-facing technology that every Android user will want to use, and will be a highly visible platform
- You have a deep understanding of current Android development, including Material Design, etc.
- You have personally (or as a part of a team) shipped one or more Android applications within the past year
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, high-performance Android code
- You have expertise in translating visual UX/UI designs into code that delivers excellent experiences
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality apps
- You communicate really well with your team members
- You are proud of your work, and are passionate about what you do
- You live in the Seattle area (sorry, these are not remote positions – but possibly later on)
- You do not smoke or vape cigarettes/tobacco
- Two years minimum Android application development experience – apps we can actually see and use on devices
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools, optimization techniques
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages, as needed
Individual candidates only – no contract shops, no agencies, no recruiters please.
Compensation commensurate with experience and ability
Contract-to-perm is possible
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume or LinkedIn profile.